Skin plays a very important role in our day to day life. As we say 1st impression is the last impression and the 1st thing which come is your beautiful face and healthy skin. We spend thousands of bucks on cosmetics and in beauty parlors for skin care treatments. But there are many things which you can do on a daily basis to keep your skin healthy.
Reasons behind damaged skin
Before I give out the healthy skin tips, I have to mention the reasons of what is that causes much damage to your skin. Below are the reasons.
- Sun damage : A few hours in the sun make you feel good but after that fun moments when you see yourself in the mirror , your skin falls. Your skin literally suffered from the exposure to the UV rays. Yes , you can’t avoid the sun but you can use sun screens to get your skin protected from UV rays.
- Dehydration : As you need to get hydrated when your throat dries. Same it is essential to hydrate your skin to protect from dryness and stretchy feeling. The skin cells are also made of water and so it is necessary to supply water for the skin to stay hydrated. The only way to keep your skin hydrated is drinking lots of water.
- Lack of Exercise : Except making you fat lack of exercise introduces many health problems regarding skin it is responsible for lack of luster in your skin. Not doing exercise regularly will effect on flow of blood which is required for the oxygen to travel across the body to each cell even the skin cells.
- Unhygienic Food : The fast food you love to have from road side or any restaurants can make you feel yummm to the tongue but it is the same food you are feeding to your skin. The food you serve to your skin is the skin which serves you the looks. Now you know what you need to stop eating.
Smoking and alcohol assumption are also responsible to kill your skin cells. So quit it. Here are some tips
How to get healthy and beautiful skin
- Good food habit :
Eat fruits and veggies: Fruits and vegitables will help promote healthy skin because they promote a healthy body. Eat dark , leafy green vegetables and brightly colored foods that are orange, blue, yellow, red and purple. Ex. Tomatoes can help protect skin from sun damage, make your skin smoother and boost collagen.
Eat skin friendly foods: Foods rich in antioxidants, selenium, coenzyme Q10, and flavonoids all promote healthy and radiant skin. Ex. Whole grains, apricots, beets, squash and sweet potatoes, beans and olive oils, button mushrooms, fish, soybean, dark chocolate, and green tea.
Consume foods high in vitamins A, C and E: These all contribute to healthy skin. Vitamin C – Boost collagen and elastin in your skin and prevent wrinkle lines and sagging. Peppers, citrus fruits, dark green veggies, papaya and kiwi are rich in vitamin c. Vitamin A – keep your skin fresh and glowing by preventing dryness, reducing dark spots. Vitamin A include dark leafy greens, oranges, carrots, eggs. Vitamin E- It is an antioxidant that fights damage done by free radicals. Vit. E can be found in nuts and seeds, olives, dark leafy greens and vegetable oils.
Omega: Fats are necessary for healthy skin, especially omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids keep skin bright and moisturized. In which include walnuts, olive oil, flaxseeds, salmon.
Drink Water: the skin needs proper hydration to function optimally. The best rule of thumb is to listen to your body about water consumption, so if you’re thirsty, drink up. Drink minimum eight cups of water per day.
Avoid added sugars.
2. Cleansing: Even if you are too tired after a long party, cleanse all makeup and dirt from your skin. Cleanse your skin twice a day every morning and night before bed, no matter what. Avoid ordinary bar soaps use facial cleansers that are gentle and designed for your skin type. Use clean and fresh towel. Only rinse with warm water never with too hot or too cold water.
3. Exfoliating: This the process that takes away dead skin cells from the surface of your body skin. In normal conditions, exfoliating your face twice a week is enough. If you have much sensitive skin then twice a week is much for you and if you have oily skin then twice a week is less for you. Choose your scrub with micro particles.
4. Moisturizing: Moisturizers are specially designed to make the external layers of skin softer and more pliable. Hydrate skin by reducing evaporation. Choose moisturizer according to your skin type.
Oily skin– Instead of creams look for lotions that have exfoliating ingredients such as lactic glycolic and salicylic acids.
Dry Skin– Go for creams because there’s more oil in cream, therefore it is a substance and more moisturizing. The more oil content the better absorption through the skin barriers to hydrate tissue.
Combination Skin– This is the hardest skin type to find products for. Choose lotions with no acids such as Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Aveeno or Lubriderm.
Natural skin– Put a very thin layer of ointment on at night . This will help protect you against the forces of nature.
5. Sun Protector: Do not go out without applying a layer of sun protection cream or lotion whether there’s no sunny outside. Use sun screens and get protected from UV rays.