An onion is also known as ‘pyaz‘ in Hindi, ‘Nirulli / Ullipayalu / Yerra Gaddalu’ in Telugu, ‘Savala‘ in Malayalam, ‘Vaengayam‘ in Tamil, ‘Ulligadde / Erulli / Neeruli’ in Kannada, ‘Pyajj / Piyaz’ in Bengali, ‘Dungri / Kanda’ in Gujarati , ‘Kandaa’ in Marathi is a daily must-have veggie that helps you stay away from many infections and diseases. Never mind the tears onions bring on-they are an ace ally in your fight against disease.
Onion contains rich amount of antioxidant vitamins A, C and E. This veggie can provide you a healthy and glowing skin. Both the consumption and the topical application of onion can give numerous benefits to your skin.
- To remove dark patches & pigments: Apply onion and turmeric juice on area of dark patches or pigments.
- You can prepare a face pack : Mix equal quantities of Onion juice and Fresh Yogurt. You can also add a few drops of any essential oil for pleasant aroma.
Massage your face with this mixer, in circular motion with the finger tips for 10 to 15 minutes. For best results use daily.
- Anti Ageing treatment : The most powerful antioxidant that can keep your skin wrinkle-free, Onion is one of the richest source contains quercetin.
Massage your skin with Fresh onion juice which helps to increase the blood circulation and gives youthful and radiant appearance.
- Acne and Pimples treatment : Mix 1 tablespoon of onion juice or extract with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply on your face , leave for 20 minutes and then wash off with luke warm water.
- Lightening Skin Tone : Prepare your own face mask by mixing
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh onion juice
- 2 tbsp gram flour
- ½ tbsp Milk
- A pinch of Nutmeg (Supari)
Mix above ingredients and form a thick paste or add some more milk , if required , to reach the desired consistency. To beat the smell you can add any essential oil for aroma. After cleansing apply pack over face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes or till it dries. Take cotton ball dab into milk and remove the pack by massaging in circular motion. This will exfoliate the dead skin cells and lighten up the skin tone.
The layered vegetable Onion is great for your hair as well, so the benefits do not end here. Onion juice used as remedy for various hair problems. Such as,
- Hair fall : Onion Juice on the hair or the scalp is one of the most prominent benefits for hair fall or to get rid of lice.
- Thicken Hair : Hair thinning problem , all you need is juice an onion in a juicer and add ½ teaspoon of honey to it. And usually to suppress the smell you can add any essential oil. Apply the mixture on all over hair , leave it overnight. Make sure your head is not covered. Shampoo your hair next morning. Repeat once to thrice a week for best results.
- Dandruff : Prepare a hair mask :Grind or smash an onion and strain it through a grinder to obtain the juice.Mix this juice with equal amounts of olive or coconut oil.Apply it on your scalp and hair.Cover head with shower cap and leave it for 2 hours.Rinse off with a shampoo.
This hair pack will improve the ability of regrowing hair with imparting a shiny , glossy look . Particularly beneficial for increasing the length of your hair.
- Hair color : You can apply onion juice on your hair to impart a nice coppery shade as well as to make your hair glossy. However, if you wish to maintain the natural color of your hair, you can blend an onion with adequate amounts of mustard oil and apply it on your hair. The mustard oil will suppress the color lightening effect of onion.
- Natural Conditioner : To condition hair naturally , apply mixture of onion and fenugreek (Methi) paste on your hair. Keep for half an hour and rinse off with a mild shampoo.
So these are some home remedies made from onion which you can try at home easily. You should get to know how an onion can be that much beneficial for your skin and hair. Do try it and let us know the effects in the comment box , don’t forget to subscribe 😉